Monday, June 25, 2012

Weight of The Nation & My Health Food Kick

For those of you who haven't seen this, spend the time watching this  It takes awhile, so I'm just going to embed the first half of the first one.  But if you are a parent, you really should watch them all.  While this information is important for everyone who wants a long and healthy life, these trends have particularly dire ramifications for today's children.




You can stream the rest here.

But one of my take-away messages is that cooking is essential in the home.  While I have always cooked, we have gone on a serious health food kick since watching this series. I have been buying exclusively whole-grain tortillas, pita, and bread. With the one exception being a bag of hamburger buns.

We already eat exclusively lean meat (chicken and turkey) and only occasionally eat ham and fish. But eating well and eating healthy: these are essential.

If you eat enough veggies, and keep your grain and protein down, I doubt you'll ever have an excess of calories.  But I'll expand on some recipes to help eat well, easily, and healthy all at once.


What are your thoughts on the video?  And if you have seen  the rest of the series what do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment