Sunday, June 24, 2012

To Breath New Life into an Old Blog

I haven't posted in awhile, due to...partially...a whole slew of life-reasons.  One mild crisis I've had is the realization that cooking is my hobby, not photography.  So I am constantly cooking and constantly forgetting to take pictures until the first bite has made it into my mouth. Then the picture is ruined.

Step-by-step pics will never be something I can pull off effectively, though I strongly admire the bloggers who can.

I cook.  I eat.  I will do my best to have some pictures, but this blog won't ever be overloaded with them.
I understand, for a lot of people this is a turn off, and I won't be offended if I learn people have stopped following because my style isn't their cup of tea.

I am a writer with a hobby. So the text, and the quality of food is more my deal.

Next, I have a very different way of cooking, a sort of old-fashioned way that does not live well in our scientific time of precise measurements.   I cook by feel.

This takes practice, but once you have it down, you can put together a meal by instinct.

Another issue that I have is limiting myself to recipes.  Cooking is part pf a lifestyle choice.  I, like many Americans, I'm sure, are electing to adopt old-fashioned ethics to cope with the modern world.

What is this?

Waste reduction, reuse, etc.

Many places in the world do this sort of thing without effort, but in America, we have grown up with a different sort of training. So we have to retrain ourselves to live the way our grandparents and great-grandparents did, with a few notable (technological) differences. We have to relearn frugality, relearn resource management, and relearn how to live within our own physical environment without causing irrepressible harm to the resources we count on for food, clothing, and the roof over our heads.

So in this blog, I think I will expand the nature of my discussion, and perhaps move more in-line with my infant project I am beginning with a friend.  We're calling this project: "The Whole Home."



0 comments:

Post a Comment